ScreenWarehouseUSA proudly connects architects with Phantom Screens for AIA Certified continued education
Phantom Screens is a Registered Provider of educational courses with various reputable institutes such as:
Phantom Screen’s free courses focus on non-proprietary retractable screen technologies and can be completed at your own pace. Participants will learn about the benefits of this technology including:
- energy conservation
- enhanced natural ventilation and pest prevention
- improved space usage & functionality
- solar shading and temperature control
- preserved architectural design & aesthetics
- and the science behind the screens that contribute to sustainable design goals.
You’ll walk away understanding how a variety of retractable screen technologies can integrate seamlessly into your projects and add value.
Privacy and Protection: Using Motorized Retractable Screens to Blend Indoor and Outdoor Living Spaces
The move toward healthy homes & buildings has pushed design professionals to blend indoor/outdoor spaces and increase the number and size of exterior openings. As the trends for outdoor living continue to be a top consideration for homeowners, motorized retractable screen specification provides an option for building professionals to help clients maximize their livable space while managing daylight, solar heat gain, and ventilation.
These screens benefit occupancy wellness by providing excellent thermal benefits, airflow, and the ability to control humidity. This course will provide an overview of motorized retractable screens, discussing the design and installation requirements, the different applications where these screens can be used, as well as the thermal benefits of using solar mesh and clear vinyl options.
The registration link can be found by clicking here.
AEC Daily Online Continuing Education: Retractable Screens: Invisible Thresholds to Sustainable Design
More than ever before, homeowners are interested in creating living spaces that will enhance their enjoyment—and the energy efficiency—of their homes. This course discusses how retractable screens offer sustainable design solutions for homeowners, architects, and builders.
Program Learning Objectives:
At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe how screens offer health benefits to homeowners
- Explain how retractable screens reduce solar heat gain, creating comfortable indoor and outdoor living environments
- Recall how retractable screens contribute to passive cooling techniques
- Review case studies that showcase how retractable screens help deliver sustainable design objectives
- Understand how retractable screens can help maintain character of space within a building’s design
- The free online course can be accessed by clicking here.